Thursday, August 30, 2007

Let's Re-Aquaint



Let me introduce myself. Or in this case, re-introduce. When one decides to blog, well, you get, discovered. Which means in my case you can't say what you really want to say for fear of offending certain parties. Mine being family. Conservative is an understatment, truly.

I am a little older, a little wiser and a lot more careful. Eventually in life, if I know you, I am going to tease you about something that you do or say. It is how I look at life. I don't do it because I dislike you, I do it because I like to find the humor in life. I tend to like those people who provide me with the most humor. I discovered that there is a name for these people, FunSeekers. The rest of you people in life, yeah, you would be the FunSuckers!

Why have this place? Well, like my cup, my brain runneth over. Sometimes in my life my brain runneth over and I can't put my thoughts onto paper fast enough. I carry journals around with me like other women might carry make-up or lipstick. I collect journals like some of us collect shoes, trinkets or strange memorabilia. I'm obsessed with them. So a weblog seemed a natural step. It would make a blog a good outlet for someone such as myself. Just as our good Anne of Green Gables was accused, I could talk the hind leg off a mule. I talk too much. I rarely slow down. I really don't know how my friends can put up with me being that I rarely let them get a word in edgewise.

What in the world am I going to write? I'm at a loss. Or maybe not.... Wondering if other readers would even venture to look at what I have to say or think or contemplate. I guess we'll see.....I am...a lover of the outdoors, bugs, children, water, running, books, clothes, learning and of course, journals. I am no one famous, yet I know famous people. I am ordinary and uneventful, yet I have many an event in my life that would amaze you. I am.......me. I hope you'll share, too.

So, this is the perfect outlet. If I can't find some unsuspecting soul foolish enough to stand still and listen to me endlessly pontificate about nothing in particular, I can come here and write my little heart out about nothing at all. What's more is that no one seems to mind. My blog has no where to go and it never disagrees with me. This is gooood. Kinda like cheese and a good dog.

Now, as you puruse my occasional observation, politically incorrect ramblings, thoughts and input you may agree or diagree. Whatever, this is MY blog. This is not a democracy. If you don't like it, move on. And as my Pop always says, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". That's food for your comments, not my blitherings.

If you walked in my shoes you might see the need for the humor. But that my friends, is a story, or two, or three, for another day. We have lots of time. Let's not bite off more than we can chew. This is just the beginning, and I wanted to give you a glimpse at me. A glimpse at WHO I am. I hope you will be back to muse at my perspective on life. Perhaps even join in. But as I said, this is not a democracy. You don't have to agree, but then, you don't have to comment either.

I like to see myself as a whannabe comedian, who attempts to be funny, but rarely is. One who laughs at themselves, a lot. Laughs at other people, and tries to see life from the humorous side. We all have faults. I just try to make them funny. I'm not good at it, but it makes ME laugh. I like to oogle at life from the wrong side. I'm caustic, tactless, and politically incorrect. It's OK, you'll get over it. Strangely, I appeal to both the left and the right. They just don't know it. Frightening isn't it.

Now, I really must run, or walk as the case may be. My children are calling my name "MOM!"

4 Comments:

Blogger LOVE said...

I'm looking forward to this!!

August 31, 2007 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger Matilda said...

um...is that you??

I can't tell! I don't think it is, but then...I haven't seen ya in a while!

August 31, 2007 at 1:46 PM  
Blogger flyingmonkey said...

Should be interesting. Of course you are always interesting!!! I wish I had a life that was fun enough to blog about.

September 1, 2007 at 7:58 AM  
Blogger Molly Sue said...

To nickparemjamom....Yes, that's me! Old and sagging with all my wrinkles. Scary, I know!

September 2, 2007 at 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home