Friday, May 9, 2008

Gendeerrrrrr.

This is a test, this is only a test. Add a little Karin Walker for me, will ya. It's my attitude.

"Boys over here, girls over here." I can just picture the perfectly put together teacher as she stands at attention in front of the class and rhythmically claps her hands together like a Spanish Flamenco. The cheery, patronizing voice utilized under the guise that she is hap-hap-happy and so therefore, you should be also! It's all sunshine and roses!! And aren't you just energized and motivated by her forced, feigned enthusiasm?

Excuse me, I need to vomit. I don't know what makes me more nauseous, the voice or the delineation. Girls and Boys. Please. Because no boy ever had similar interests to the girl sitting next to him and no girl ever shared the same proclivities as the boy in front of her. Ugh. Sugar and spice and everything nice...Frogs and snails and puppy dogs tails!

Social prescriptions. Girls do this, boys do this. Honey, the box is a little cramped. Unsightly too. It makes your ass look...oh wait, it already looked that way! You need to stand up and expand your prospective.

Test over, you may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

1 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

I hate societal gender-role programming. So much.

May 12, 2008 at 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home