Saturday, May 10, 2008

Loss

How do you, lose? How do mend the holes in your heart? How do go from; "You're amazing, I can't believe you would do this, I am so grateful for you, I love you"...to (----------), nothing. Silence. Space.

Relationships are vital to the human condition and experience. We risk ourselves by opening up to relationships. For most of us that is a romantic relationship. And for some of us, it goes beyond the romantic. To those individuals that we somehow share a spiritual connection with. A connection that is sometimes severed by participating parties and not because we agree.

Death is the most final of these. The finality of the earthly relationship. But, second to that, is the loss of the individual with whom you connect, when the tie is abruptly and unexpectedly severed, without provocation. I can count 4 difficult deaths in my life and 2 friendships. All six leveled me. To the floor. I miss them. I miss them. I. Miss. Them. You know who them.... Looking for the band-aid box.

It occurs to me as I type the words, do the casting parties really give a shit anyway? Huh, Nnnope. That, is the hardest part of all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home