Friday, September 14, 2007

It's For the Kids

I couldn't have said it better myself! My favorite blog site has an on going discussion on the positives of Gay marriage. I wish he'd come write for me...oh well, I'll just steal it from him.

Some data from Canada on why same-sex couples get married:

According to the census, nearly one in four lesbian married couples in B.C. (24 per cent) have a child living with them, compared with just 13 per cent of lesbian couples living common-law.

Gay men are far less likely to have children than lesbians.

But they, too, have a big marriage gap, with 6.8 per cent of gay married men living with kids, compared with just 0.5 per cent of unmarried gay couples.

How does this undermine civil marriage for heterosexuals? How does it harm society? Isn't it better for children of gay couples to have the legal and social security of a marriage? Isn't legitimacy better than illegitimacy? And doesn't this pattern actually enhance the conservative argument that marriage is primarily for the benefit of children? I guess that argument doesn't count for much with some when lesbians make it.

Would you like to read more? You should. His blog is littered with good conversation on the subject.

Not to mention...He is gay and just got married himself. Good Form!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Matilda said...

Personally, I find it disgusting, that gay couple can't adopt. The WHOLE adoption process sickens me. The gay thing just fuels the fire.

Why...can any lame idiot, have a baby. But when someone SEEKS out to have a child, they are put under a microscope. WTH???

Makes me so mad I could spit.

When I have my nervous breakdown and kill my husband, I'm going to give my kids to a gay couple. Lesbians...I don't know about... ONE mom is bad enough!!!

Although...there is something to be said, for both parents, being able to breastfeed!! Through MOST of my nursing "career", I wished I was a lesbian!! :) And you KNOW the times I'm talking about...

September 15, 2007 at 8:26 AM  
Blogger Molly Sue said...

Bawhahahaha!

September 15, 2007 at 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home