Sunday, February 24, 2008

Indulge Me

I lack the adjectives to express my frustration. My aggravation. I am furious, enraged, galled, irascible. Not to mention, insulted.

Where do I begin with my frustration? Such arbitrary and capricious behaviour can not, CAN NOT POSSIBLY be sanctioned by God. A God. ANY God. It's bigoted behavior that is incessantly handed down from one member to the next.

Dismay aside, this only exacerbates my frustration. Such insolent Dogma espoused by ominous, patronizing, patriarchal figures in sickly soft spoken tones. Delivered in enigmatic language that appears empathetic but is really the smelliest of red herrings and the worst of circular logic that one can offer. I can just hear them, "You are loved, we love you. But, you are inherently bad. "Fix" yourself." Argh!!

This is what they believe!!! That a segment of the population, by their very nature, is inherently BAD. That they going to hell. And, heaven forbid, you have the moxy to stand up for yourself or a loved one and adhere to your convictions? You are summarily shown the door!! Grrrr! The beliefs they so emphatically espouse impact the lives of millions of people while they selectively pick off the squeaky wheels! Oh! But, it isn't open for debate!!!!! Don't Fucking debate them! Because well, it's their belief system. Never mind that they manipulate legislation to adhere to their narrowly defined, inhumane, un-Christlike dogma.

Now, I know, I know, people don't make the religion. Well look at the hierarchy pulling the strings!! They deliver the message and millions of people prostrate themselves to the every whim of these leaders. These leaders send a clear and concise message, "We will love you and bring/keep you in our fold. But only if you think, act and do it our way." In other words? Their epiphany far outweighs any personal epiphany you may have had. Because they're right and YOU are wrong!

There isn't anything I can do about it either. This effects people that I love, love, love so very much. It effects their psyche and their lives. And I feel like I can only sit and watch the whole thing just happen in front of me and I am helpless to affect any different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home