Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Let's Leap

Years ago this site was available to anyone who happened along. We ran into some problems with that. I seem to get a lot of unsolicited advice, visiting and commenting. So, to save my sanity, I made viewing a private affair.

Recently, I have had a number of requests to "see" what I write. Funny, I haven't written in quite some time, so really there is nothing to "see". Which of course elicits requests for me to write. Heh, heh, someone actually wants to read this blither? No shit.

Okay, if random acts of thinking interest you, be my guest. Read on, blog warriors. Let's play catch up.

In the two years since I stopped writing on a regular basis I have, been back to college, been drafted to care for the cutest 2 year old on the planet, had a home school child enter the "Jr. High" era, learned to teach Algebra, built a house, moved, sold a house and various other projects that seem to swallow up ones life.

I've got so much to review, I don't know that there is enough space to type it all. So, we'll just work with the current chuckle in my life. I say chuckle because that really is the only way to observe this fiasco and because, in my life, if it can't be entertainment then it just isn't worth the effort.

So, I moved. This, is a daunting task. I don't recommend it on a regular basis, if ever. I can say, without reserve, that I will be carried out of this domicile, feet first. Moving is NOT in my future. With that said, it was, in a word, exciting. And not in the "oooooh goody we get to move", sense of the word exciting. No, this was not a laugh a minute kind of adventure. But then, I do excel at MisAdventure, so would you expect anything less of me?

Moving day was comprised of the following. Weeks of packing in advance. Moving what we could, in advance. Tiring of the stress in moving and resorting to hiring someone to move it for us. Crying children who wouldn't get off the bed when the movers needed to disassemble the bed. Wailing children as the truck pulled away from the house. Crying children as the truck arrived at the new house. Hiccuping children as the movers tried to include the Offspring in putting their new rooms together. Panic when the movers discover water and sewage in the basement...on the new carpet. Excitement as the plumber, the general contractor, the rooter contractor, the city engineers and the county arrive to decide what is wrong and who should fix it. Serve Pro arriving to clean up the mess. Family arriving to "help"...(Their hearts were in the right place.) And months of living in a contemporary cardboard motif. Whooh, and that brings us to one year later.

The area we moved to is really nice....I miss my old neighbors. I miss my old neighborhood. I miss...hmmm. My new neighbors are well meaning people. They are, well meaning. We'll just leave it at that. In the coming weeks We'll have volumes to share, I won't try and bring you up to speed, yet.

So, if you are new to this spot of misadventure, hold on to your hat. I will say exactly what I am thinking. I will probably include you. I will never use real names, with one exception and I will, without malice or intent, probably offend you. Don't worry, you'll get over it, I usually do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fay said...

Yay! Glad you decided to go "public" again! This is ABWsMom from THSL...

February 10, 2010 at 5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home