Friday, January 25, 2008

As the Pool Waves

Remember that little Wave from hell that I frequent in the Summer? OoooKay, it may be from hell,on occasion, but I've gained some of the most wonderful children in this world due to that wave and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Remember our dear Dolly? We began our little soap opera 3 years ago with Daisy the manager,(who now has offspring, holy cow! And they're cute too!!) Dot, our spunky little desk girl and Dolly the quiet sidekick of Dot. (Think Animainiacs, Dot, with the flower and the attitude.)



Oh, but wait, Dot seems to be taking over, ha ha, is anyone shocked....Add our small cast of quiet lifeguards and there you have it. We still hear from Blondie, Lover Boy, and of course, The Jetts. (I can't wait for you people to figure out which names go with which kid, hahaha.)

Blondie is, well, he's just Blondie. Ever optimistic, playing the dumb blond (don't let him fool you, he's rather observant, thoughtful and smart, hmmmm.)Lover Boy, brooding, quiet, a man of few words. They're both in school and will hopefully graduate and find spouses and careers in the distant future.

One of The Jetts is finding her way in the great northwest. Eyeing the Space Needle every morning on her way to work. The other is working at the education thing and contemplating Europe this summer. Huh? She doesn't want to work at The Wave? What the hell?

Dot has, unfortunately, ditched the flower and picked up a mic. Ann Curry, eat your heart out! And watch your back, cause here she comes!! You can catch our beautiful Dot every weekend doing the weather and small features for the local station in St. George, Ut.

But, I'm getting lost. Not that I'm tangential in any way....We were talking about Dolly. It's easy to loose her, she doesn't say much until you get to know her. And then, ha ha, she's a woman after my own heart. Assertive, opinionated and articulate. Go Dolly!! To add to her repertoire, she's getting married! (Did you hear the record needle scratch to a stop and the crickets in the room?)

Beautiful, fabulous Dolly. My future public defender for the down and out. (Look out TaWanda, she'll eat you for lunch in a courtroom....)She's stared down the barrel of a loaded gun (brain tumor) and the Lord feels strongly that she's not done learning on this earth, or teaching. So, she's put law school on hold (let's hope not for too long, I want to see her crush TaWanda!!!) and she's getting married. I'm excited, elated, emotional and all those Mother things wrapped up in one twitterpated package. We party in May and I can't wait!! I will be a blubbering mess because she is one of my "kids". But, I promise that I won't wear fringe, wink, wink!!

Miss Dolly stopped by my house recently and we got to chat. When she left, I had a moment. A Mom moment. I hope she doesn't mind how proud I am. I am proud to call her friend. I am proud of the decisions she is making. I am proud of the human that she is evolving into. Kudos Miss Dolly.

2 Comments:

Blogger LOVE said...

You are fabulous. Thanks for everything. I will speak for Blondie, loverboy, the Jetts, and Dot when I say...we love you and we appreciate all the love you have shared with us. You invested a lot of time into all of us and helped make those numerous summers at the pool something that none of us will ever forget.

January 25, 2008 at 10:41 AM  
Blogger LOVE said...

Thank you. You are a fabulous person and friend. I know that I speak for Dot, Loverboy, the Jetts (gosh I love them) and blondie when I say...Thank you for investing so much time into us. We have always appreciated your friendship and your listening ear. Thank you for making those numerous summers fantastic and years we will never forget. We all love you and thank you for letting us be apart of your life as well as the lives of those boys of yours. Thanks again.

January 25, 2008 at 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home