Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year! A Re-Cap


2007

What I learned.....

Anxiety is real: It sucks.

Learning to lose: It hurts.(And I'm not talking games)

Death/Loss: Hurts. Sucks. Changes you forever. Misunderstood by us all.

Husband: He rocks. Brings laughter to my heart. My best friend. (I only have one so 'husbands' sounded, well, wrong.)

Children: They bring the love and humor I crave. They also remind me that I am human and I'm far from perfect. Patient and accommodating for a parent that can't seem to raise them without somehow fucking them up.

Babies: Get Better with age..

Friends: Immeasurably valuable at any age, from 18 to 60. My friends fit the range.










Devious People: They Suck. Fun suckers. Charismatic wolf in sheep's clothing. People we hate to love and can't wait to love to hate. Worth leaving behind.

Teenagers: They rule. They're fickle. Hurtful. Joyous. Heartbreaking. More frustrating and unpredictable than my own children. (OMG I'll have one in 2 years!) Stuck in a world that neglects to emotionally fill them. Keep me young.

Swimming Pools: Rule and Suck equally. Can't wait for it all to open up again!!

Cabins: Kick-ass with the right company. To be shared with most

Luck: Strangely abundant.

Christians: Fucked up.

Christ-like people: few and far between.

Gays: To few and far between.

Politicians: Liars. Fuck-chops.

Lawyers: Mine rule. All of them. The rest....Crooked sons of bitches.

Accountants: To tightly wound

A Year: Getting shorter

This was, a year. It had ups and downs. Some of the ups took us soaring and some of the downs crashed hard. I look forward to the next. I hope it isn't as intense as this one has been. But 1/2 as blessed would still astound me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home