Thursday, December 13, 2007

Mmmm, Secrets

I have secrets. Things that I don't like people to know, or at least remind me of. And I have recently been indulging in some of those secrets.

Growing up I had a handful of passions. Things that I could waste time on forever. I say "waste" time because they didn't seem to be activities that were particularly productive. I love to "set up" house. I would spend hours designing and arranging the perfect house with my blocks. I loved to hide in my bedroom and sing. And sing and sing and sing and perform and sing. Indulging in that particular passion in public was and still, is NOT an option. I would never presume to put anyone through that kind of pain. I also loved to read. I would dream of the places I could escape to and the stories and characters that I could create. I have volumes that I wrote in my journal. One, I actually put on paper at the urging of a professor. Although no one ever read it.

I hid my story and my singing in my little world and grew up. This summer I got to go L.A. and see the musical "Wicked". I resonated all to well with both the main characters in the play. I came home singing the soundtrack and made a bold move, I arranged to have voice lessons again. Which I am loving. I can indulge in my passion and no one has to listen. Well, almost no one.

Yesterday, I was clearing out file drawers and I found my story. Wow, the story was a little prophetic. Who knew I would actually live part of it. Let's hope the ending doesn't come to fruition though.

And then we come to my newest secret, a tattoo. I was always fascinated by tattoos. Why would someone put art on their body and what would make them passionate enough about it to make that art permanent. I loved to look at tattoos, especially colored ones. I never entertained the thought of one because I never had anything that I was so passionate about that I would stick it on my skin. Well, never say never. Oh dear, one more thing that my poor mother will just have to "get over". The book jacket at the top of the post has the picture I want on my foot. I'm jazzed!! Oh, and the book is a good read too!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Oh good...the foot! That has to be the best place, it doesn't sag or get fat. I wonder why people don't think a little before making something so permanent. A friend put a CRAB (her astralogical sign) on her BUTT. Hmmm.

December 19, 2007 at 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home