Monday, December 3, 2007

Got Gas?!

We attend church on regular basis. Our concept of worship is different than most, though. Where we go, the emphasis is on Humanity, and what you wear isn't an issue. This is a plus for the Offspring.

Sunday my nephew was given a blessing. It's a nice idea. Mormons like to do it and I certainly see nothing wrong with it. But, it is necessary to "dress up" in "church clothes" when attending and LDS meeting. So I stuffed the Offspring in what I had, which wasn't much, away we went. My nephew is worth it though.

Well, we came, we saw, we left the building. In a hurry. We heathens didn't want to cause any structural damage. The blessing was sweet. My brother is soooo excited to be a Dad. And my sister-in-law is amazing!! They have both blown me away. Above and beyond every expectation. What a team!! But, my tangential personality is getting the best of me, we were fleeing the scene after the blessing to avoid any structural damage to the building.

We headed for the door as the music began, to bring in the sacrament. The doors were being shut and an older gentlemen, with a walker, stood up in front of us. He was also headed for the door to get out before the music ended. We gave him the room, because, well, he was old and cute and moving slow. Well, sometimes etiquette can get the better of you. He stood up and pushed that walker and it was obviously more than his stomach muscles could handle. He gifted us with a more than little "toot, toot", to say "hello". (Well, "hello" indeed....giggle, snort!!)

Buck-buck #1 looked at me with his eyes as big as saucers and started to GRIN!! All I could do was to muster one of those parental "looks" and hurry down the hall. Out the door we went. It was a movie moment, we stopped at a retaining wall we laughed and giggled so hard we had to use the wall to brace ourselves. Needless to say, it took a minute to make it to the car.

Oh, the beauty of life. I wanted to run back and hug the fella. My Mother would be horrified, but it was such a great moment in such a "formal" setting. It made dress up church worth the effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home