Monday, February 11, 2008

Seriously, I Just Want OUT of the Car!

I realize that it's February. But I need to share, er, purge! It really isn’t about our little wave, as much as it involves one of our characters. When we last left our little pool, Dolly was planning her wedding, Daisy was home with her Offspring, Blondie was hard at work in school and Dot was clutching her new microphone in St. George. Oh, and we had added to our cast of characters. Vera Vigilante! Mis Molly is NOT Vera’s favorite person. Does anyone sense a trend here this week?

I don't have time to bring you up to speed, just catch up! So far, my week has been shit. It is of my own assembly, I will admit. I've exhausted a lot of time, recently, wishing I had a good engineer. But, alas, I must confess, I believe the bridge is irreparably damaged. The former proprietor is firmly planted on the opposite side of the ravine flinging obscenities. (Yeah, don't feel bad for Mis Molly, she asked for.) Today, I wondered if they weren't joined by Miss Vera and a 12-guage shot gun. Perhaps God, in his infinite wisdom, feels it necessary to remind Mis Molly of her blunders. We seem to keep finding the same detour. I know I’ve seen this wreck before, need we be reminded! Seriously.

I can just hear her on the ledge amongst the ruins,"You distract her, I'll shoot her!" she spits.
"I'M ON IT!" they responsed.

As you know, I don't deal well with the knowledge that someone, anyone, in this world wouldn't be fond of me. Seriously, "It's all about PoPuLaR..." as you will recall. Isn’t it? The knowledge that Vera can't stomach the very thought of me, let alone the sight, drives me batty. Perhaps, because I feel directly responsible for her having an exceedingly agonized summer. (Can you see me raise my eyebrows and squeeze my shoulders, hands lifted in tribulation?) Regrettably, profusely apologizing and attempting to appeal to the woman will do me no good. I, am the devil. Hmmm, heavy sigh.

Oh, yes, shitty week. Uh, sick kids, fussy baby, need groceries....Pack children in car. Leave one home. Navigate oneself through crowded parking lot. Schlep baby and offspring into store. Gather needed items, round the corner of the "international foods isle" and who do I find? Fuck! I'm like Peter Rabbit...(or, never mind) I can't win. This encounter was AFTER buck-buck #1 vomited in isle 7!(from a coughing fit! Please, if he was that sick, I'd have left him home too.) God help me. Oh, ha, ha, wait, he already tried. I was too stupid to be paying attention!!

Well, she wasn't packing heat, today. But, please, if looks could kill. I was so panicked I forgot half the items I trekked to the store for in the first place. It took me 10 minutes to recover in the car. Where upon I berated myself for being such a cowardly dumb-ass. The offspring valiantly tried to make me feel better. He "lovingly" pointed out that "at least you're not wearing make-up, so it isn't smeared down your face." He tried to recover by telling me "she probably didn't recognize you because you have the baby today." We can only hope. Grrr, I give up! God, make me bird, so I can far, far away.....

2 Comments:

Blogger LOVE said...

Oh my. Well, your hope should that your boy is right and she didn't recognize you. That look is permanently on her face...don't fret about it.

February 12, 2008 at 7:52 AM  
Blogger Molly Sue said...

I have to go back to the store today..ha ha.

I wish I could put GPS on all those people, then I would know what areas to avoid.

February 12, 2008 at 8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home