Sunday, December 20, 2020

Retro-Spect



When I originally decided to make efforts to start publishing my random thoughts, again, it took some time to compose what I thought I should publish. It would seem that in years past I was prone to speak before I put any thought into the response. Older and wiser or perhaps just older.


I am fond of telling people that the older I get the less I know. I have avoided a social media presence, because, honestly, this social media thing makes me nervous. There are a lot of what ifs. It feels like starting Middle School all over again. Am I pretty enough? Am I skinny enough? Am I smart enough? Will anyone like me? It is, SCARY! 


Once upon a time I grew up, I got married and I had Offspring. Then the Offspring grew up. Now, they do it on their own and I suppose it’s a chance for me and the hubby to be, just us again. “Empty Nest” they call it. But this nest isn’t empty, it’s just aged like a comfortable old sofa. Worn around the edges with familiar, discolored spots. We’ve added a few new members and even lost one. I love this comfy old couch. 


I am resolved to keep moving forward and keep learning this thing called life. I’ve started my private practice. Set up space to help people when they are lost and I am embracing the new and sometimes scary. I am an aging dog, but I can learn new tricks. So, social media here I am. I hope you’ll join me on my adventures and don’t be afraid to share a little bit of what makes you apprehensive. 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home