Thursday, February 28, 2008

I Do Offend

I know this is going to come as immense shock to all those who frequent my spot of blither (That's a sum total of.....3?) but, I've offended someone yet again. (Mmmm, customary roll of my eyes and toss of my head)

I recently had the audacity (hope springs eternal) to try and politely, gently, trepidaciously, point out to a home schooling individual that perhaps her perspective on a particular topic was a little short sided. (The Unitarian doth prevail in me.) Perhaps she was failing to see the good aspects of the situation that she was griping about.

She was griping about Oprah and her enthusiasm for A Course in Miracles and Ekahart Tolle's new book. The discussion was on the home school forums that I frequent and she linked her personal blog in her post. These boards are heavily weighted with evangelicals. I appreciate the Evangelical perspective in most cases, or at least I try. But in this particular case I felt that her ranting was a little on the short, fatalistic doomsday side.

I tried to point out that perhaps peoples compunction to pick up A Course in Miracles and/or Tolle's book and read it and then participate in the discussions that Oprah is trying to start could be a good thing for many people who lack a spiritual compass. Stupid Molly. In the world of the Evangelical Christian it is NOT about tolerance and understand....I should know this.

Hmmm, it seems that the harder I try to beeee, what shall we call it, Christ-like? Open minded? NON-judgmental? The harsher the response I get. I think I wish for a small collection of the world to, GROW the FUCK UP!! But, that's not very nice, is it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home