Friday, March 28, 2008

Love, Actually

Shameless plagiarism in the title aside, I am convinced that it really is Love, actually. In some form or another. You don't have to agree with me. In some cases it is unrequited love. No, no...not romantic.(hardily noted whine with a jog of my head and roll of my eyes.) Although the notions for loving may be romantic, they are not romantic in feeling.

I watched the movie, "Love, Actually", and the relationship that tugs most at my heart is that of the "father" and child. The kid isn't really his Offspring, he is the stepson. But upon the death of the child's mother, it falls to this flailing, insecure, individual to raise this lost little boy. I can't watch the airport scene without being reduced to a ridiculous watershed of tears. It is a metaphorical moment about life, for me - Dad standing at the turnstile, cheering his boy on. Auspicously encouraging him to jump the turnstile and chase his romantic love interest, tell the girl he loves her, before she is gone and the opportunity lost. Dad's heart screaming "Go, Go, Go!....YES!" Fist pumping at his side.

I wear my heart on my sleeve. I can meet and befriend most individuals without this aspect of my personality getting in the way. But, on rare occasion, I've taken to "loving" someone regardless of the consequences. You know who you are. 1,2,3,4,5.....The very few included in this club will see these inconsequential hen tracks, one, defiantly, will not. There are days when the defiant one makes me think, no, reluctantly makes me realize and admit, that I will not be adding to my club. It does not behove me to Love, Actually. It might break my heart again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home