Sunday, March 2, 2008

Appearance Vs. Reality

If I meet you on the street and you smile, you laugh, you greet me and you TELL me all is well, are you happy? Your body language, your demeanor all tell me that, yes, of course you are. Happy and blissful, right?

If, on the other hand, you seem cold and without a deemed appropriate response, well then you MUST be angry. Yes, yes, of course.

I'm accused on a regular basis of being grouchy. I'm angry, I'm bitchy, I'm unhappy, cantankerous, pessimistic. Well, thank you, I'll do my best from now on to appear to be down right giddy. I think that I must be missing the point. I am surrounded by giddy, sugary people. They all look me in the eye and tell me not only how they are, but how I am. Damn, what would I do without so many people to let me know how I feel. It bares no weight that I actually may be in a terrific mood even though I LOOK furrowed. That I may have a great, on going comic reel in my head, at your expense I might add. But, because I don't act like the idiot step ford wives I'm surrounded by, well I must be fuckin miserable.

Mmmmm, fake it 'till you make it. (I said that with all the facetious sugar that I could muster.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home