Sunday, March 30, 2008

She

Her name is Elizabeth. I don't know her, but I see her, every Sunday. 11:00 service, second pew. Her hair is combed, make-up donned, skirt, shirt and boots. She is, Elizabeth.

If you saw Elizabeth you, would be sorry, reluctant, hesitant. You, would be tentative. You, would not want to sit next to her. Because society, culture and religion tell you to be repulsed. They tell you to be disgusted. Elizabeth is, according to social dictates, a man. But in her heart, in her heart, she is, a woman. (And, I might add, she looks a might better than I EVER will, in a skirt! Humph, Bitch!)

If this is what Elizabeth feels, then this is what I accept. I don't see him or her. I see, Elizabeth. I see a beautiful, kind, shy, reserved, HUMAN. A human, who deserves to be loved. A human, who deserves dignity. A human, period.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home