Friday, June 6, 2008

Give That Wave Some Eternal Optimism (Edited)

Or don't. I'm so angry right now, I can't see straight. We had a lovely gathering of members tonight for our annual member meeting. I was optimistic due to the presence of one couple in particular and that everyone seemed to be in generally good spirits.

Yesterday I got started on that bridge building project, today I communicated, and tonight, well it was just turning out to be a stellar day. Then the meeting started. And it went, and it went, and it went, and we beat the horse to a bloody pulp and then lined up to beat it again. And then it was over, or not. I was stopped on my way out and ask if I could please have a "discussion" with one of our stalwarts. In my mind I was thinking, GREAT, we can add to the bridge. Yeah, pull up the boards Molly, they are not looking to find common ground with you. No, they don't want me speaking to anyone in their family. EVER. Period. It seems that it only matters if I'm M-O-R-M-O-N. And since I'm not, well, me, the pseudonymous husband, the Offspring and everything we touch are absolutely from hell. We are from hell, we are going to hell and we represent hell. Those beliefs in things like Christ and a Christlike attitude and practice. Nope, just for show. They have cornered the market, they and all their saintly members. Doesn't it just make you want to jump right up and head to Church with them?

Mmmm, how does that work when their Offspring works at the dumpy wave? And, how did it work for them that I was so polite and understanding? Oh yes, that's right, we agree to disagree that I'm a pathological LIAR. And, it seems, that regardless of my intentions, my ability to be appropriate in context, or my careful consideration when engaging in any conversation with anyone under a certain age, (or anyone for that matter) none of the above matters, AT ALL.

So, the message I get is this...verbal exchange is simply for communicating any and all things non-controversial. Weather and mundane facts of information. Remember, there is no such thing as critical thinking or questioning. Bad, bad, bad. Sadly, this was endorsed by others that I thought would feel and express otherwise. Alright then. New motto, don't talk to anyone. Speak only when spoken to. Remember that you are always wrong and everyone else (men of ANY age!!) are always right, it's their God given gifts. Be seen and not heard. Be lovely, compliant, passive, submissive and always wear pretty clothes, smile, do your hair, don't have feelings, wear make-up, be excited about opression. And always remember, you are just a stupid girl, if you irritate someone it's always your fault and if they want to ignore it, you should always be accomodating. Oh my goodness, you're right. I love it!! I'll get on that right away!

Cover your eyes kids, you don't want to read the rest.....never mind. I have been told, again. You know, that leaves me with, with, oh, no one, from that fiasco, still speaking to me. Wow, maybe I should go into the bridge demolishing business. Look at me jeopardize my family, my reputation, my marriage, for what? To HELP someone? Please. I did not help anything, except maybe to tarnish what little dignity I had. I think it's time to move. That optimism thing, yeah, should've checked that at the door. I'll flush everything else down with it too. It'll all turn out the same.

2 Comments:

Blogger LOVE said...

Oh my. It looks like I missed something big.

June 9, 2008 at 6:28 AM  
Blogger Molly Sue said...

MMM, we'll have to catch up, eh?

June 10, 2008 at 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home