Saturday, June 7, 2008

Thought of Matter

Does it matter what one thinks? We spend a lot of time arguing about what is right, wrong, good, bad. What is good for society? What is good for the family? What is good for me? What is good for you?

A lot of this arguing is in relation to how it will impact the individual and ultimtely the society at large, on a micro and macro level. Will socialized health care create better access for all to have better health services? Have countries like Sweden and Canada really cornered that market? What really does happen if we legalize abortion, same-sex marriage, or decriminalize marijuana? And how do you personally answer those questions? Why is your answer more superior than mine, or my neighbors or the politician that won the majority vote? What is it that compels you to want me to change who I am? Control what the other thinks, feels and how they act?

On a lesser scale, why do we care about relationships? Friends, family, communities? How or why is one of us a threat to the other, simply based on a different thought process or opinion? When communication breaks down, becomes negative, or never was positive or effective, whose perception is more valid? Is either of any value? If I hurt because of something you said, or something that I perceive you said or did, and your apparent response is "Whatever", does that devalue what I perceive and feel? Am I just being immature, stupid or even imparting myself where I was never welcome anyway? If I wasn't welcome in the first place, why didn't you say so? And I really want to know, how does one just "get over it"? It seems to be a popular theme in our culture lately. Just get over it. Really? Really, it's that simple? (Customary slap of the forehead) Stupid me. Ok, I'll just, get over it.

When interacting with others, who is more important, of more significance? Does context really matter outside of legal jargon, documents and court rooms? Thought, thinking, knowing, does it really matter? Me thinks, you really don't care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home