Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Truth Hurts

When dealing with children, one has to have a thick skin. They tend to tell you exactly what they think. And if they have been raised in an environment where they are encouraged to speak their minds, which is the case in my house, then sometimes the words STING!

With a revolving door of kids and teens at my home, I frequently have a room full of opinionated people who speak their minds. I think part of that may be that they are not allowed to do it at home, so they come to my house to do it. Good for them! But, when they are honest, well, it can be harsh. Recently it was put in my face! And with some examination, I discovered that, son of bitch, they were right. Damn, truth hurts.

So I am owning up to my faults and I promise that, I will put some concerted effort into improving my attitude. My "anti" attitude.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Does this "Anti" attitude mean what I think it means? I guess any feeling can get carried away, it is good to get back into balence once in a while. I understand where some of it comes from...I think I may have mentioned this before, but one of my dad's favorite sayings is "Mormons are like manure: Lump them all together and after a while they really start to stink. Spread them over a large area and they can do a lot of good." (think fertilizer) And I can say that cause I'm one of them. But not raised in mormon land so I think I have a different perspective. There is a lot to be annoyed at, but there are a lot of good people and good things that are there as well. I Don't mean to start a sermon here! One last thing...the sign of a good person is one that can say...in a blog to potentially the whole world..."I own up to my faults and promise to work on them!" The end.

September 10, 2007 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger Molly Sue said...

Yes, the "anti" thing means what you think it does. And I think that I only get that here in this "great state". I also find that I only feel that way in this "great state".

And your Dad's saying....Oh my hell, I laughed my ass off. I am so stealing that one.

You are so right about the good people thing. It can be hard to separate the two though. Dumb bunnies frustrate me. And when they are dumb about their religion it can really frustrate me.

I'm working on the "anti" thing though. Stay posted, I've made some progress....I have pictures to prove it...Ha ha.

September 10, 2007 at 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home