Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Books We Shouldn't Read

Out of sheer curiosity, and a subtle suggestion by some random smart cookie I know, I picked up a copy of the DSM-IV. That would be the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

Oh Goody, where should we start? Well lets look at what I'm familiar with first...OCD, Anxiety, Neurosis, Narcissism. Well, that was fun. Next we'll move onto what I'm obsessed with, Gender Identity, Homosexuality. Now, just for fun we'll look at some of the "disorders" that I'm studying for class. Abuse, Pedophilia, Necrophilia, Technophilia?....Some of these are starting to sound like they overlap. One could be the other. The other could be this one and so on. Wait...you know, I fit a lot of the criteria for some of these disorders. Anxiety, Neuroses, holy shit...what's pederasty? Psycho Sexual Disorders?!?!

Moment of shock, horror, dismay! Shut the book, fast! Psychosis, psychosomatic disorder, schizophrenia...I'm adopted, did that run in my family? Whose idea was this!!! Put down the book and back away, very, very, slowly. I think, that some books should never be read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home