Monday, April 28, 2008

Periscope...UP!

Ahh, the theatre. A night on the town. An evening to enjoy entertainment, culture and...a look in the back door of a conservative community.

The Offspring have some little playmates that have been working feverishly on a MAJOR production. We ventured out tonight to see the fruits of their hard labor. We have to leave the house by 6:30 or we will be late, except that I need quality time with my Blondie. Oy, cut that short, spit shine the Offspring, open the car and...Oh shit, I forgot the leftovers from Prom Night still scattered all over the back! Mmm, smells like Subway!

Clean up car, adjust seats, seat-belts everyone, pull out of the driveway and we are on our way. Or, not so much, I forgot my cell phone. Turn around, go back to the house, get razzed by the neighbor standing out in his yard, run inside, get cell phone, run back to car and we're off again. 30 minute drive to BFE, just avoid traffic!

DDbutt has warned us that this is community theatre, in a DIVE. Well, she wasn't kidding. Quality, engaging, performance this is not. More in line with an oversize school play. And, knowing me, what do you think I'm looking for? And how long do you think it took me to identify every, single, one...ha ha ha...!

Please, it doesn't matter what KIND of theatre it is, it still attracts them. Every cute, clean-cut, sparky, perky, well groomed, tanned, head snapping, eye-brow popping, hippy swinging, vocal, dancing prodigy. (Picture Jack from "Will&Grace", there were, decidedly 6 of them!!) My gaydar was screaming like a bad siren with flashing lights. This was a small room, it's not like it was a stretch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home